- (no subject)
- April 21st, 2006
sometimes i wonder why i bother, then i remember. i like being noticed, even if it is just being yelled at.
anyways, i decided i'm going to make a movie this summer to get some more experience underneath my belt before I go into making Spycraft TV, just not sure what it's going to be about. i've been thinking about plot structure lately and I determined an easy way to think of a plot. you just to pick one of these things, define it, and the rest can pretty much come together. Who, What, Where, When, Why. You can base a movie off of any one of those. Just about everything I've ever written has been a Who, so i think i might try and do something different. My current ideas:
1) a near-future time traveler gets stuck in suburbia. shot all around sterling heights and surrounding areas. he'd have nothing tech-wise and the movie would mostly be about him not adapting to technological differences but instead social ones
2) a horror flick. not even sure what i would do with this, but i would make it has scary has possible. more social-emotional horror then material.
3) a romance film. a guy's really into this girl but she puts him through hell, but he's totally crazy-go-nuts for her so he deals with it. she shuns him in the end and he realizes that he wasn't inrested in her like he thought he was. then she realizes that she really did love him, just by then it's too late.
4) a super-hero flick. well, kinda. this goes back to a conversation avrom and I had when we were talking about putting together a comic at first, a world where this one kid is the only person with powers. not like special effect powers, but social super-powers. how would he react, deal with these powers, etc. would he be a good guy or bad guy. similar to film one because it explores human nature
5) a religion flick. not traditional by any means, about a pastor who has lost his faith after witnessing some horrible acts of humanity (leaves room for some possible anti-war commentary or something, can figure this part out later). he considers giving up on god because if he does exist why would he do this to humanity by creating such flawed creatures. actually, could tie this into the horror flick and have this pastor dude end up going ape-shit bananas and killing people. we'll think about it more later.
any input or ideas as always is greatly appriciated.